Sunday, December 23, 2007

If Only I Could Be Off Longer

I work for an incredible company that gives us the 24th and 25th off. Of coarse there is someone oncall but we don't all have to work and get paid for it. I should have 4 days off, but instead only 3. One of the weekend oncall ladies is off and I volunteered to work from 8am Saturday to 8am Sunday. I am was dreading to work for her because I really wanted the 4 days off, but thought it would be good for me to help. There are times when I needed her and she came through for me, so I thought I would do the same for her. So I worked Saturday for 10 hours and then Sunday for 4. Luckily all this money is overtime. I will certainly be enjoying the next paycheck. My friend Karrie said it will be good karma for me to do it. We will see.

Now I have the next three days off and can't wait to spend the time with my hubby. This will be the first time in our marriage where neither of us had to work either Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I can't believe that. But we did pick professions that is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Our time these three days will be spent with family and friends. Tonight a friend is coming over for dinner and Nick is going to a Colorado Avalanche game (club level seats) and I will be relaxing at home. Tomorrow Nick and I will be making cookies and then going to my aunt Laurie's to play games and be together as a family. Then Christmas Day will be spent with Nick's family. His cousin Tim is back from Iraq and we have not seen him or his wife for almost a year. These next three days will be awesome and then we go back to work Wednesday :(. That's ok. Just three working days, then the weekend, then work New Years Eve and have New Years Day off. I don't think schedule is bad at all.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

You guys have a wonderful Christmas. We will call you on christmas day and be sure to tell Tim we say hi.