Thursday, November 29, 2007

I HATE BEING SICK!!!!!

Well starting wednesday morning around 100am I suddenly had the worst onset of nausea I have ever had. I wanted to get some crackers and water but was afraid I wouldn't make it down stairs. I woke Nick up and he graciously went down stairs to get crackers and water. Then the nausea seemed to subside but then I developed really bad muscle aches throughout my entire body. I could feel it starting in my back and worked it's way over my entire body. It hurt to move my toes and brush my hair. I had to wake Nick up again and to get me some ibuprofen. It took about 30 minutes for the Ibuprofen to kick in and I was able to go back to sleep. When I woke up around 0730 that's when the real fun began. I started vomitting and had diarrhea, with the muscle aches. Needless to say I spent the day on the couch eating little and drinking only small sips of water. I was able to eat a little chicken and rice soup. The worst part of all this was the pain. I had a consistent fever of 100.5-101 and the ibuprofen was not bringing down the fever. I had to worst aches I have ever had. My joints were killing me. I had a hard time repositioning myself. I would take 800mg of Ibuprofen and it would only work for 4 hours and I had to wait another 4 hours before I could take another dose. I finally took some muscle relaxers, but that didn't work very long either. Poor Nick was massaging my legs and back because that is where majority of the pain was. I slept off and on during the day. I just felt so drained.

I slept for about 11 hours last night and the pain is decreasing. I still hurt in my joints, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Still running a fever and the nausea hasn't gone away. So this is day 2 of staying home from work and I hope I can go to work tomorrow. I will continue to baby myself and hopefully can eat more than just 10 crackers and 32 oz of water. Nick was wonderful and brought me some Chai tea from Starbucks and Tylenol when he came home from work this morning. There are some nasty virus's going through the nursing homes and I was one of the lucky people to contract it. I am praying Nick doesn't catch this. He is washing his hands alot and we of coarse are not sharing anything. I hope this will be over soon.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!