Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Emotional roller coaster

Well, I would have to say this week hasn't been the funnest week of my life. Work ended up not being as bad as I had expected. I am exhausted and in need of a break. There were a couple of my patients not seen, but that was ok because they are pretty stable right now. I still have alot of charting to do and other things to catch up on. This will be an excellent check for overtime. Now I just have to look forward to working tomorrow and then being off for 3 days. Boy i can't wait.

The emotional roller coaster for me started on monday. Hearing about Nick's mother in the ER and not being there to help was hard on Nick and I. We really want to be there for them during these times and to be far from them makes it hard. I am glad my mother was able to help out with Granny and everything is working itself out. I thank God they were able to find out what was wrong with her and fix it without any complications.

Then, there is Nick. He loves his job as a cop and I support him fully in his career. I know there are huge risks with being a cop and the job can be very dangerous, but you don't really think about it until you have to face it. There was an officer involved shooting at his work where the officer was shot. When we heard the news my heart sank. We didn't know who it was, how hurt they were or if they were dead. I thank God the officer was only shot in the leg and didn't need to be hospitalized, but this incident put things in perspective for me. Especially about how this could have been him. This is one of my biggest fears that this will happen to him. But it comes with the job unfortunately. I have and will always support Nick in his career. He loves his job and we have such good friends. I couldn't ask for anything more. I am always praying that God will protect him. We always have fights settled before he goes to work. Even if it is settling it on the phone on his way to work. I make sure I kiss him every time he leaves. I don't know why I do these things. I guess I never want to have to live with regrets. Nick has picked the perfect career for his personality and goals in life. He is such a great officer and many people at his department thinks so.

Sorry for the babbling. I am tired and ready for bed and it is only 7pm. This week has been alot for me between work and my personal life. What can I do but just face it.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Suzi is doing well.