Sunday, July 6, 2008

The best game ever!



Nick and I went to a Colorado Rockies game July 4th. It was a last minute decision and we found cheap tickets online. They were fireworks obstructed seats, but they were very close to the field (hence why they were cheap). The game started horrible. It was the first pitch and the Marlins hit a home run. Then by the bottom of the 4th we were down by 9. Nick and I contemplated leaving and stay downtown then watch the fireworks later. But we decided to stay and I am glad we did. We were able to come back and beat the Marlins 18-17. It was incredible. We were cheering and yelling. It was so much fun. Nick and I also enjoyed the stadium food. I especially wanted nachos and dip n' dots. Nick had never had dip n' dots as a child, and I thought he had truly missed out.



After the game we moved to another place to watch fireworks. There were certain seats in the stadium where you were allowed to sit on the field to watch the fireworks. We of course did not have that privilege , but it seemed to take forever. So I took pictures of my legs to look distorted. Nick of course just laughed at me, but i was really bored.



We decided to walk to the light rail station and watch the fireworks from there to avoid crowds. We made it to the station in time to watch the fireworks. They were the best I had seen in Denver. No where close to Cal Expo in California, but pretty good. We were glad we watched from the station because we beat the huge crowd from the stadium and we weren't right under the fireworks. If we would have stayed at the stadium the fireworks would have been too close for my comfort.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun