Saturday, July 19, 2008

Can't believe July is half over


Nick and I have been busy since our last update. Nick and I were excited to celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary on July 13. To celebrate we had friends over on July 12 and 13 for the Irish Festival. We had a lot of fun with my friends from work on Saturday and Nick's family and friends on Sunday. Good times were had by all. This was our first time going and it was fun to hear the Irish music and drink Irish drinks. I of coarse don't drink beer, so I had "Irish" Margaritas. We would go to the festival for a while and then come back to our home for a bbq. Nick made his fabulous beer brats and we ate and drank the night away. Nick and I decided that going two days in a row was way too much. So next year, I think we will just go Saturday instead both days. We were exhausted last week and glad to have finally recovered.

Nick and I are 90% done with the front room. Carpet will be installed on Friday and furniture will be here on Saturday. We can't wait to be out of the back room and in the front room that we have been working on since we moved into our home. We will have picture up next week when everything is finally in place. We have been looking forward to this for a long time and it is finally here. Now, we are finished with projects on the home for the summer and plan to do more during fall and winter.

No comments: