Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Attention Colorado Drivers.... I think we have more Utah drivers in Colorado

Ok, so I need to complain a little bit right now. Nick and I love living in Colorado for the scenery, the lack of a large religious organization, friendly people and better drivers. Drivers in Colorado are so much better than the ones in Utah. Here in Colorado, people will actually let you merge into another lane. In Utah, they speed up. People here in Colorado will go the speed limit or 5-10 mph more. Utah, they go under. People here won't stop traffic because you missed your turn lane, they will turn around. Utah, not so much. Sorry for all you who live in Utah, but your drivers stink.

Anyways, here is my complaint about drivers today. I would have sworn they were transplants from Utah and didn't get the memo that you don't have to drive like you are from Utah anymore. Another side note... now back to my story.

So, I am heading home and someone is going about 15 mph under the speed limit and I had to change lanes around them. There is driver number 1. Then I started heading towards downtown Littleton and the driver in front of me is driving great. She is going 5 mph over the speed limit. Next thing I know she is slamming her brakes because she drives in front of the Littleton Court house and the speed limit is now 25. She decides to go 20 mph because cops pull you over going the speed limit. So, I then passed her. That is driver number 2. Next I am behind this gorgeous Audi. Yeah, you think nice car, he must be a good driver. Nope, not so much. He stopped at a GREEN LIGHT and when I honked my horn, the light turned yellow and he just stayed there. Driver number 3. I then passed him and was again behind another person who thought they had to go 10 mph under the speed limit because you get in trouble for going the speed limit. I then passed him. Driver number 4. This has all happened in a matter of 10 minutes. So, I am now free and clear with no cars in front of me and I am coming to another stop light that is GREEN. Next thing I know the SUV in front of me stops right at the light and is trying to get into the turn lane and stops traffic. For about 5 seconds they didn't move and then slowly tried to move to the turn lane. I then of coarse almost missed the green light. That is Driver number 5. So, I am almost home and some idiot is blocking my lane of traffic because he is pulled out too far on the cross street and can't move because the light is already green on my street and the cars behind him are too close and he can't back up. This is driver number 6.

I swore that everyone was out to get me today and made me lose faith in the drivers in Colorado. I am convinced they are all from Utah and just decided to all drive at the same time and be in my same direction. My drive home is only 20 minutes away from work. I have never had this many issues in one drive home.

I feel much better now. Thanks for listening and I really hope I didn't offend anyone from Utah. Like I said, your drivers stink.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

From what you described I don’t see where they did anything wrong. Of course I drive in Utah

Anonymous said...

I fear for my life on Utah roads. I feel your pain. I wish all your nice Colorado driver's would come to Utah...I'll swap you. :) I'm not guessing you would go for that, though.

Anonymous said...

Well said.