Sunday, August 24, 2008

Democratic National Convention

So, this week is the DNC and there are many people excited about it being here. Nick and I not so much. Our work lives will be turned upside down because of it. Poor Nick has to work (6) 12 hour shifts. They start tonight and don't end until Friday. Law Enforcement has to be on high alert incase chaos happens. He is dreading this. What is getting him through this is the money will get at the end of this.

For me the convention will make my commuting a nightmare. Obama wants to speak at Invesco Field so for security purposes the freeway will be completely shut down for several miles both directions during the afternoon commute. The freeway they are shutting down is my way of getting north from my office. So everyone will need to find an alternate route. I understand why they are doing it, but the Denver area will be a mad house. They will also shut down other roads and that will make my travel time much longer. That's all I need to be stuck in my car in traffic and trying get to my destination.

I will update you next week at how the convention went and how Nick survived all those hours.

No comments: