Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nick at his finest

I am writing this with the man of my dreams sitting next to me and pondering how do I quote his finest words and love he has for me. Well, people who know me know I love photography and Nick of coarse loves his motorcycle.

I have been very unhappy with my small point and shoot camera. The red eye reduction doesn't work and the flash is so slow. I went to Wolf Camera because I had some down time between meetings and found the camera that I love. It is the Nikon Coolpix S600 and it retails $300. Now I know I can find it cheaper elsewhere but I wanted to share my excitement with my wonderful and loving husband.

Well, Nick has also been looking at a new motorcycle. It is a Harley and retails new at $14,000. Nick likes his bike now but wants to upgrade. He always likes to mention how he is saving us money because his current bike gets good gas mileage.

So, now that you have the background to our conversation. Here it goes.

Camie- Honey, guess what I found a new point and shoot that I like
Nick- What is it?
Camie- The Nikon Coolpix S600. I found it at Wolf Camera today
Nick- How much is it?
Camie- (becomes very quiet) $300 but i can find it cheaper elsewhere
Nick- That is too expensive and you know you can find a very nice point and shoot for $100-$150.
Camie- I know but I really like this camera
Nick- Well, you know what.
Camie-What?
Nick- If you get the Nikon then I get my new motorcycle next spring?
Camie- What? How can you compare the two?
Nick- My bike pays for itself.

Implying that his bike brings us money and is more important than my happiness and desires.

(This is Nick defending myself) Camie likes to make me sound like the bad guy to make her stories more interesting. I simply gave a compelling argument for my motorcycle and asked her to give one for the camera.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Nick is the bad guy in this situation. The bike saves on gas, true...but the argument is not valid until he saves $13,700 on gas. Get your camera. His argument is moot.

Kenny said...

His argument is not moot, just dumb. Now I love my son but $14,000 compared to $300 just does not work. Do you know how much gas you can buy for $14,000. Come on Nick this is the woman you love and the future mother of my grandkids.