Monday, March 24, 2008

Accomplished

I have been a hospice nurse for about a total of 2.5 years. I love doing hospice work and I know most give me, "I don't know how you do it". Well I don't know how a nurse can work in labor and delivery so hah. Anyways, my company is wanting all nurses to be nationally certified as hospice and palliative nurses. It means we know alot about hospice and being certified helps the company show that many of their employees know what they are doing. It consists of taking a long and hard test. I am in the first group to take the test. I have been studying for the past couple months and took the test today and passed it with flying colors. It was a very hard test and brought back many memories of nursing school. There was always 2 right answers it just was which one was the most correct. So now I can sign CCarr, RN, BSN, CHPN. I don't think I will ever sign like that, but at least I can now. Just studying for the test showed I had many more things to learn and glad I took the test. They say the pass rate is very low so I feel very accomplished to have passed. Just another load off my shoulder. My company paid for me to take the test so there was alot of pressure to pass. Hopefully my cohorts will do equally as well.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

way to go

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Camie!!

Love from Japan,
sarah :)