Sunday, March 9, 2008

Work update

Well here is the latest update on my job dilemma. After pitching a fit for long enough we kindof got our way. When upper management heard we were leaving our positions there were some uphappy people and then for them to find out it was due to scheduling reasons we were able to negotiate and compromise some. So, now the sw and I are working rotating weeks were one week we work mon-fri and the next is tue-sat. So, every other weekend I get 3 days off in a row (sat, sun, mon). Not bad. We did agree to work 9-6. Our manager really wanted us to work 10-7 but we were not budging on that. We have things in the evenings we want to do like me hang out with my husband before he goes to work. So, right now this is where we stand. She wanted to move us to hourly not salary which is not good at all. We were afraid if there were no admissions on Saturday and no visits to be done, then we don't get paid. So, we negotiated that we take 6 months and look at the "data" based on our time sheets and see if we were worked over 40 or less than 40 on average. She was good with that. Both the sw and I really didn't want to go back to the field. They wanted to start giving me new admissions to transition into the new position and my heart sank. I knew moving was not right for me. I am glad we waited things out and were able to negotiate some things. I love working in admissions, it is a different pace and different type of nursing that I love.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Glad to hear things are working out.

Kenny said...

Glad to hear things are working out.