Saturday, February 2, 2008

One More Week

Back in December I applied for a management position within my company. At first when I applied I really thought it was the job for me. I interviewed for the position but as time went on part of me knew I really didn't want the job. I think I was applying for the position because of the encouragement from coworkers not necessarily my heart. I knew God had something else for me. I was getting burned out from case management but I didn't want to leave Agape. My desires to become a photographer has become stronger and knew that is the direction I wanted to take my career. So while waiting to hear whether or not I got the job a new position had opened within my company that was perfect. It was the admission nurse position. I would be responsible to admit new people to our services. I wouldn't have a case load, no more on call and maybe 1 holiday. It would be a salary position and a more flexible work schedule. I knew that is where God was leading me. So I removed myself from the group applying for the managment position and applied for the admissions nurse. Luckily no one else applied so it was mine. Now it is February and the nurse who is taking my caseload is working and next week is the last week I work with these patients. There is a few that I will dearly miss but I know they are in good hands and I am still with the company so I can help the nurse with any questions. I praise God for opening these doors and that I listened and went with my feelings. When I removed myself people were very surprised but thought it was the healthiest thing I could do. Even if I had gotten the position I would burn out alot sooner and then end up quitting. Why not save the company money and time when I know I really didn't want the position. I will start my new position on Feb 11 and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I am so proud of you, Camie! That is fantastic. I am glad that you were able to recognize where you wanted to be and had the courage to pursue it. Congratulations!