Thursday, February 7, 2008

Living with coyotes

I would have to say I am exhausted after last night. See, a couple friends and I are taking a yoga class on wednesday nights and last night was my first night. It is an intense yoga with the heater up to 85-90 degrees and it is a fast paced yoga. Anyways, I came home very tired after my yoga class. I ate dinner and got ready for bed. I went to bed early because of how tired I was. I was sleeping so soundly until about 0200 I was woken up to Bruno's barking. He would not stop. I tried ignoring it for a half hour and had enough. I decided to look outside to see what was out there. The dog was barking at a shadow. There was a shadow of a pole hitting the fence that looked like a dog. I thought it was a dog at first and then I put my glasses on to see it was shadow. Well, there isn't anything I can do if my dog sees a shadow because I cannot remove a 30ft pole because my dog is paranoid. So, I finally fell back to sleep but Bruno kept barking about every half hour and by 0600 my patience was gone. The sun was starting to come up and Bruno was still barking. The shadow should be gone by now. So, I went running down stairs and I could see him pacing and barking. I slammed my hand on the glass of sun room. And right when I did that I saw a coyote curled up on the ground on the outside of our chainlink fence. That was what he was barking at. No wonder he was going nuts in our sun room. I felt bad for scaring the dog because he was barking to protect his turf. I tried yelling at the coyote to leave, but he just looked at me and kept doing what he was doing. Within a minute he got up and walked away. The coyote was pretty big because he was the size of Bruno. I appreciate Bruno being the protector but I wished we could teach him different barks so I know what he is barking at.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

I am pretty sure that the coyote would be dead if it was up to me.