Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh What ta do

Well I have been in my new position for a week now and loving it but there are quite the snags that has surfaced that makes me question the change in position. When I was hired for the position back in December it was a mon-fri 8-5 schedule. Perfect for Nick and I. Well, since this last week many changes are coming. There is a new manager who was not hired before I agreed to take the position who now wants to change things. The company is wanting to grow and in order to do that we need to be very flexible. I am to a point, but I am not going to sacrifice my weekends or evenings with Nick for my job. My family will always come first. So, they are proposing instead of working mon-fri 8-5 they want us to work mon-fri 9-6 with rotating weekends. And depending on how busy the week is I may work the weekend but not be able to flex my hours due to the week before. I don't want to work 6 days a week. That is the beauty with salary. The only time I have with Nick is a couple hours in the evening and our saturdays. So, after some talking with Nick, friends and family I decided to leave that position and go back to the case management position. It won't be my same patients or same team so it will be a change. The area won't be far and new change in pace. I was afraid that I would agree to the change and down the road decide it won't work for me there wouldn't be a position for me to demote.

I really wished I had known these changes were coming and I would have never applied for the position. The SW and I proposed working (4) 10hr shifts a week and hire just a nurse for the weekend and she wouldn't do that. So, because I wasn't willing to budge my schedule I decided for the company it would be best for me to step down. They can hire someone who is willing to have more flexibility and work rotating weekends. If I wanted rotated weekends I would be working somewhere else.

I know there is something in store for me and I am just being patient. I hope they find someone as flexbible, but in the mean time I have to deal with this position until they find someone else to fill it. We will see. I am hoping upper management catches wind of it and they can do something else. We will see.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

That is awful, I know what it is like to have management change the rules after the fact. Hang in there and I am sure that things will work out