Friday, October 12, 2007

Life is catching up to me

I never realized how tired I was until I got home this afternoon. I feel like I have hit a wall emotionally and physically. Things have been so crazy these past 3 weeks I can't stand it. Well, it all started when my family was out here. It was so fun to see them and be with them. I was able to spend good time with my brother, grandparents and aunts and uncles. It was semi relaxing, but what a good time to see everyone.

Then the next weekend Nick's parents were in town. They came out so Nick and his Dad could go to the Chargers vs Bronco's game at Invesco. Well, at the same time the family decided it was time for Nick's grandmother (ken's mother) to move to Utah. Nick's brother and sister flew down there to bring Granny to Utah. What we thought may be easy ended being one of the hardest thing I have ever seen. It was so hard being so far away. Nick's siblings were in San Diego and the rest of us were in Colorado. There was so much emotion, stress, fear, and uncertainty. Needless to say we were able to get Granny to Utah very creatively. Jeremy and Jill did an awesome job. They worked so well together and as a family we tried all we could to support eachother. The stress hasn't stopped because now the stress is how are going to get her things up to Utah, sell her home, get power of attorney and tell her that she is permanently staying in Utah. Her dementia is worsening and she is no longer safe to live at home independently. Also, Ken is having his knees replaced next month. They have so much going on too. It is very hard for Nick and I to not be in utah during this time. Not being there for his family. We were going to try to get to San Diego next week, but we can't. Emotionally and physically we cannot do it right now. Maybe the end of November, we will see.

On top of all this there has been things that has come up at Nick's job that has just added alot more stress. Nick may have to change his work schedule and avoid a certain officer. This was something we thought we wouldn't have to deal with and now we do. We were not ready for it, but are coping. Luckily we have such awesome friends that are helping us through all this. They have been such encouragers and supporters that we couldn't thank enough. The wives have been there for me and are encouraging me and supporting me through all this.

Right now I can't think. I have been up in Vail at a 2 day hospice conference. You would think being away from home, not working and enjoying my time in Vail would be enough. It wasn't. I have information overload. At this two day conference I have learned so much that I don't know if I can remember everything. My company paid for my room at the Marriott, paid for meals and also paying me to be at this conference. I also have great friends at work and we were all there at the conference, so that made things even better.

Now I am home and finished with all the visitors and traveling. I can get back to my normal routine and relax. I feel like I haven't been home in forever. I know God is helping us through all this and giving us wisdom and support. God is placing people in our lives to help support and encourage us. God is giving Ken and Suzy the wisdom and strength to deal with granny. I believe everything will come together. I trust that everything will come together.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Things are going well with Granny