Sunday, October 21, 2007

Am I ready for winter?






Well, we had our first snow storm of the season and it made me wonder if I am really ready for winter. Thanksgiving will be here in a month and then Christmas. Time is flying way too fast. I remember complaining how hot it was this summer and couldn't wait for winter. Now winter is almost here and I am questioning if I really wanted winter. I have loved the fall weather, but am I really ready for winter. Frankly I don't have a choice. Nick and I have chosen to live in a place where winter occurs. I have grown up with the season my whole life, but it is always so shocking to my system. I don't have much padding so when I get cold, it is bone cold. What I do love about winter is Christmas, how pretty everything looks when it snows and always bundling up in a blanket drinking hot cocoa and watching Christmas movies with my hubby. When I complain about winter is when I have to go out in it. Being a hospice nurse I spend alot of time in and out of my car. Out of a warm car, into the cold weather, into a warm building, back out into the cold weather and then into a cold car. Man, I am cold just saying all this. Well, we will see how this season goes. Hopefully we won't get 3 feet of snow like we did last year. I hear that only happens about every 3-5 years.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

It is suppose to be in the 60's the rest of this week and next. I am ready for winter. All I have to do is teach my mom how to run the snow blower