Sunday, June 15, 2008

A real eye opener

Nick and I were grocery shopping last night and found a book called "Eat This, Not That" by David Zinckenko. He is the editor in chief of Men's Health magazine. This book shows the calories in the foods we eat at restaurants, fast food places, and supermarkets that you may not know how bad they really are for you. This book shows things that restaurants wants to keep you from knowing. This also helps break down all the choices within a certain group to help decide what is better. When we thought we were okay in calories because it is chicken or turkey ended up being the worst for us. Some things we have tried or eaten in the past were anywhere from 1000-2000 calorie a serving! Nick and I realized a lot about what we choose and what we won't choose ever again. This book showed a lot to us that we have a lot of work to do to improve our diets. Like I said this book was a real eye opener for both of us. We recommend this to everyone whether or not you are trying to lose weight. This book is jam packed full of nutrition facts and choices that it is kind of overwhelming. Good luck if you choose to read this book. I know I am going to share this book with all my friends and family. We all probably could improve our health one way or another. There is also a kid section which breaks down ages and what should be ordered if eating out at restaurants. You will LOVE AND HATE the book at the same time. I know we did. I thought ignorance was bliss, but when it comes to my health, that shouldn't be the case. This book showed that a Big Mac has 200 calories less than a Whopper with Cheese. That one tortilla has 250 calories!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

I can tell you are about to ruin my life